Enjoy this recipe with your friends and family this Memorial Day honoring those who have served in the armed forces. This recipe was made with fresh arugula from my garden, embracing the start of summer with a real garden to table taste. Enjoy!
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
1 Kale Stalk
½ Teaspoon of Spike Gourmet Natural Seasoning
Toppings: tomato, broccoli sprouts, avocado, arugula
1. Start by defrosting Sunshine Burger Garden Herb patties. The amounts listed above are for two burgers, so I defrosted two Garden Herb patties.
2. Once defrosted, smash to a crumble and set in a bowl.
3. Finely chop one stalk of kale (I included the stem and finely chopped it up with the rest of the kale). Add to the bowl of crumbled Garden Herb.
4. Finely chop one clove of garlic and add to the bowl along with the Spike seasoning.
5. In a separate, small bowl put 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and add enough water to barely cover the seeds. Let sit until chia seeds becomes a goopy paste.
6. Add the chia seed paste to the burger crumble; this will act as a binding agent instead of what is traditionally used, eggs.
7. Reform crumble into patties and pan fry or grill. Don’t forget to add the Daiya Cheddar Style Cheese Slices while the patties are still cooking so the cheese melts nicely.
8. Place one patty on a Udi’s Gluten Free Bun and top with sliced tomato, avocado, broccoli sprouts, arugula and vegenaise for dressing.