Try our delicious recipe created for Expo East 2017 by the talented Chef Matthew Wertman.
2 Cups Vegetable Stock
1/2 Cup Yellow Polenta
1/2 Cup any Vegan Shredded Mozzarella
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
• in a 2 quart sauce pot bring the 2 cups stock to a boil
• While whisking vigorously, add polenta in a slow but steady stream to stock. Turn heat down immediately and keep whisking until polenta becomes thick and pulls away from sides of the pot
• Add cheese
• Keep whisking polenta and add water if mixture becomes too thick.
• Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt & taste
• If needed add other 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
•Whisk until polenta doesn’t taste ‘grainy’ anymore.
• Should be smooth and creamy
• As polenta cools, add water and whisk so that the polenta still stays thick but loose at the same time.
• Pout into pan to cook further
5 Roma Tomatoes-Diced small
1/4 C Fresh Basil-chopped small
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
• Add all ingredients into a bowls & mix
-Heat up polenta as needed
-Heat up Tuscan Burger
-Add warm polenta to desires serving bowl, ramekin, etc….depending on single serving portion or family style
-Top with crumbled up Tuscan Burger
-Garnish with Tomato-Basil Mix