Celebrate Independence Day all week long!
Our plant-based Devil on the Bun Southwest Burger recipe adds kick to your holiday grilling fun.
With a hint of chipotle spice and cumin, your taste buds will be energized and your belly satisfied. In addition to Sunshine Burger’s organic whole-grain goodness, sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C, and avocado contains those heart-healthy fats we all love to eat. Plant-based grilling never looked so good!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
1 Kaiser roll
1 sweet potato, cut into long sticks ¼” thick
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ ripe avocado
2 Tbsp. Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
¼ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cut up sweet potatoes with cumin and olive oil; arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges brown and they are crispy.
- Mix chipotle chili powder into the Veganaise in a small bowl and set aside. You can add a touch of ketchup or a squeeze of lime for tartness if you like.
- Using half of an avocado, cut into medium chunks while the skin is on and then scoop out with a fork. Scoop the avocado into a mortar and pestle and smash until the chunks are mostly broken down, but not smooth.
- Grill or pan fry Sunshine Burger patty on medium until grill marks appear. Flip and repeat until both sides are nicely charred.
- Arrange the sweet potato fries on the bun and drizzle with the chipotle mayo. Place the burger on top of the fries, then top with tomato and smashed avocado.