Made with plant-based ingredient, Sunshine Burger Garden Herb patties and vegan, pastry spring roll wrappers, this recipe makes a great appetizer or dish to bring to a potluck or party.
2 cloves of garlic
3 organic carrots
1 package of organic sprouts
1 Sunshine Burger Garden Herb patty
Half a head of organic green cabbage
Vegan wonton or spring roll wrappers (I used Dynasty Wonton Wrappers as there is no egg in the ingredients list)
Sauce for Cooking
Ponzu or soy sauce
Sauce for Dipping
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Thinly slice garlic, cabbage and carrots
- Heat up oil in a Wok or deep sautéing pan; add in your sliced vegetables and sprouts.
- Sautee the vegetables lightly in the oil and then sprinkle on about a tablespoon to a tablespoon and a half of soy sauce (ponzu, dumpling sauce or tamari make excellent substitutions).
- Add a half-tablespoon of rice vinegar to the vegetables and continue to cook for about a total of seven minutes. More rice vinegar can be added for a fermented taste.
- Lay out one sheet of the wonton wrapper and place two tablespoons of filling in the center. More can be added for bigger spring rolls.
- Fold like an envelope and seal the edges with a wet paper towel.
- Heat an inch worth of oil in a frying pan or deep cast iron pan. Heat the oil on medium heat or slightly lower depending on your stove.
- Add the spring rolls to the pan and cook for about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Place on a plate with paper towel to absorb excess oil and serve with sweet and sour sauce or sauce of your choice.