We are heading back to school and that means the kids need lunches. Sunshine Burger sushi rolls are a great, creative and easy to make meal for your kid’s lunch box or should we say bento-box. Bento boxes are a home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine and what better way to add a little cultural flavor to lunches then with plant-based sushi rolls.
- Sunshine Burger Garden Herb patties (1 patty per sushi roll)
- 1 package of Nori (seaweed)
- Myoko’s Classic Double Cream Chive
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- Sushi rolling mat
- Place the Nori (seaweed) flat on the sushi-rolling mat.
- Take one thawed Sunshine Burger patty and smash it against the seaweed, spreading it out to cover as much of the seaweed as possible. This will replace what would normally be rice.
- Next take the Myoko’s Double Cream Chive and spread it on top of the Sunshine Burger.
- Layer with cucumber, red onion and cilantro.
- Roll the sushi mat forward making sure the nori rolls up tightly. You will have a long sushi log.
- Slice the roll into eight or more pieces and pack in your child’s or your bento box!
Recipe and photos by Elovation Design.