Recipe by Carol Debberman, Sunshine Burger founder
Serves: 24 mini Quiches
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Olive oil, to taste
- One block tofu
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 Hemp & Sage Sunshine Burger patties, defrosted and crumbled
- 24 Organic mini Fillo cups
- Vegan cheese, for topping
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and shallot and sauté until tender.
Mash tofu in a bowl with a fork and add salt, pepper and turmeric. Add crumbled Sunshine Burgers to the bowl and mix well.
Fill the fillo cups. If you are gluten free, oil some mini muffin tins and fill them with the mixture instead. Top with your favorite vegan cheese.
Bake at 375° until browned, about 25 minutes. Serve with fruit and bagels for a full brunch.