- 1 package Falafel Sunshine Burgers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large summer squash, chopped (any type of summer squash will work)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 10-15 Kalmata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package spaghetti noodles, cooked per package instructions*
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
Cook Sunshine Burgers per package instructions, then set aside and let cool.
Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Cook shallots and garlic on medium heat until garlic becomes fragrant and shallots become translucent. Add squash to the pan and add a pinch of salt. Stir squash and heat for a few minutes and then add tomatoes, and stir. Add the remainder of the salt, tomato paste, olives, oregano, dried basil, chili flakes, and garlic powder. Stir until tomato paste is well combined with the other ingredients.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to med/low, cover the pan, and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. After about 20 minutes of cooking, the squash should be tender.
Remove sauce from the heat and crumble in the Falafel Sunshine Burger patties directly into the sauce and stir until well combined. Portion the sauce into bowls over the spaghetti noodles and garnish with the fresh basil.
*If you would like to use Tofu Shirataki noodles, use 4 packages of noodles to balance out the amount of sauce made by this recipe.