- 3 cups cooked quinoa*
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large shallot or 2 small shallots, minced
- 3 Garden Herb Sunshine Burger patties, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, stems removed, roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Sriracha (optional)
- Harissa (optional)
- Pine nuts (optional)
Put all ingredients, except for the Sunshine Burger in large mixing bowl and stir until well combined. If you like a little extra spiciness, stir in a teaspoon of harissa paste. Crumble Sunshine Burger on top and stir again. Add additional salt, to taste. Serve into individual bowls and top with sriracha and pine nuts as a garnish.
*To elevate the flavor of this dish, you can cook the quinoa in vegetable broth. However, quinoa cooked in water will work just as well.