Gluten-Free, Plant-Based Reuben Sliders
This recipe is vegetarian and gluten free and can be made vegan with your choice of vegan bread. Made with certified organic, non-GMO, plant-based burgers from Sunshine Burger. A perfect appetizer for your health and diet conscious guests for football game days. So rich and delicious they won’t know it’s healthy!
By Alexandra Gardner
This recipe takes aprox. 30 minutes to make.
For the Sliders
1. A super easy recipe to make, start with gluten free bread layered with vegan cheese and Sunshine Burger Barbecue
variety. Microwave Sunshine Burger patties for 60 seconds before adding on top of bread.
2. Cook in a sauce pan or oven until cheese melts.
3. Top with Thousand Island dressing, sauerkraut, pickles and enjoy!
Vegan Thousand Island dressing recipe
Yields 1 cup Prep time 15 minutes
• 1 cup vegan organic mayonnaise (I used Follow Your Heart Veganaise)
• 1/4 cup organic no sugar added ketchup
• 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon paprika
1. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well blended. Dressing should be a nice pink color.
2. Adjust proportions as needed until desired taste is acquired.
3. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes if you want a thicker dressing.