Try our take on cherry tomato tulips stuffed with whipped vegan cream cheese and Sunshine Burger’s Garden Herb Patty. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. Recipe creation and photography by Elovation Design.
- 1 Container of Cherry Tomatoes (amount depends on how many people you are serving)
- Vegan Cream Cheese (I used Kite Hill, Cream Cheese Style Spread)
- 1 Sunshine Burger Garden Herb Patty
- Handful of Chives
- Pepper (to taste)
- Half a lemon (or more to desired taste)
- 1 Stalk of Green Garlic (I got this from Cure Organic Farm at the Boulder Farmer’s Market)
This recipe will give you an absolutely gorgeous presentation for Mother’s Day or a spring brunch or dinner party. The difficulty level is hard, but with patience it will come out fantastic.
- Start by washing your cherry tomatoes and lay out the amount needed for your number of guests. I filled twenty tomatoes for this recipe.
- Gently cut an X into each tomato about ¾ the way down.
- Use a tiny spoon or fillet knife to gut out the inside of the tomatoes. The more you are able to scoop out the more room you will have for filling.
- Set tomatoes aside and begin making the filling. You will need one thawed out Sunshine Burger Garden Herb patty smashed to a crumble.
- In a separate bowl, scoop out about half the container of vegan whip cheese (or more depending on how many tomatoes you are filling) and add in the Sunshine Burger Garden Herb patty.
- Next finely dice about one stalk of green garlic. You can add more or less depending on how much you like the taste of onion and garlic. I used a full stalk.
- Add the diced green garlic and half a lemon’s worth of juice and pepper to the cream cheese bowl and whip until nice and smooth. Add water or oil if consistency is too thick.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into a bag and place back into the fridge for later.
- Next take a wooden skewer and poke it through the bottom of each cherry tomato where the stems use to be. This will be where you slide in your chives.
- Take the cream cheese bag out of the fridge and cut a small slice off of the tip. Use this bag to pipe the filling into each tomato.
- Finally, use the stalks of green garlic as decoration to lay your cherry tulips on top of and garnish with seasonal flowers.